Sunday, February 7, 2010

Iron Chics


First I want to say thanks to Jason for giving me this opportunity to write and inspire others out there in the world! I have a great passion for fitness and for helping others!

Anything you want me to write about or have questions about feel free to email me@ darkangel1998@embarqmail.com I would love to hear from you!



Who is Tiffany?



I wanted my first blog to be about my journey to where I am today so you all can get to know me a little better!

My name is Tiffany Nance, I'm 29 years old, I have the greatest 11 year old boy in the world! I'm from Raleigh, NC, been in NC all my life!

As a kid you could say I wasthick.I was raised in a southern family. Everything we ate was fried, battered, buttered, smothered, covered and chunked! I cant forget the desserts and sweet tea! I as active in sports but not active enough to burn all those calories! As a teen I was very insecure with my weight and my home life was rather dysfunctional. I became a very rebellious teen, tested all the waters I could test, experimented in drugs and alcohol, ran the roads, didn't eat much at all, became skinny-fat and very unhealthy! When I was 17 I became pregnant with what I like to call my little angel! He was definitely a blessing! It was time to grow up whether I wanted to or not! I had a lot of complications, gained 72 pounds, all I did was eat and sleep, and it definitely wasn't healthy food! I ended up with toximia with a lot of fluid and high blood pressure and I was put on bed rest. On August 30th 1998 Alex was born, 8 1/2 pounds, beautiful healthy little boy!

I started going to the gym to loose the weight, still didn't know how to eat healthy, but the weight did begin to drop, then I just quit going to the gym. Lost the motivation, life and all the chaos took over and I found other things to be a priority! I was not happy with myself, the weight began to creep back on. I ended up leaving Alex's father and was raising him on my own and needed a stress reliever, so I gave the gym another shot! This time I hired a personal trainer to help me. The results started to show and I was hooked! I started feeling better, looking better, I wasn't as stressed out all the time. It was the one time of day where I could say that it was 'my time' I loved the feeling of pushing myself far past what I ever thought I could! The feeling of accomplishment after every workout was and still is amazing! I decided then that I wanted to become a personal trainer. I wanted to help others achieve their goals and feel better about themselves. So I studied and took the test and became certified! Still didn't have a lot of knowledge with diet and supplements, so my progress began to slow, so I fed myself with magazines, books, internet, everything I could get my hands on, and became my own science project! I would try different diets, macro cycling, high carb, low carb, I would write everything down, and payed close attention to how my body reacted to things. That's when everything started to progress again, this time even better! Nutrition has been the key for me. I could train my butt off but without fueling my body properly, I just kept spinning my wheels and got no where!

I was introduced to this monster Noah Steere through my dad. He used to compete a few years back and now owns Steeres nutrition, (where I now work part time) he filled me in on supplements, which helped with my progress even more! He has a lot of knowledge so I listened and followed exactly what he said! I owe a lot of my progress and knowledge to that man! Great guy!

It has been an interesting learning experience with a lot of trial and error. I'm in the best shape of my life! I feel great! Yeah sure I still have insecurities, everyone does. I still have things I want to work on but I set realistic goals for myself! I still like to eat 'crap' from time to time and have a few drinks, but I plan ahead and make sure I make up for it the next day. It's all about balance for me! I am a real person and have worked my butt off to get to where I am! Nothing came easy. I think if it had of been easy it wouldn't mean as much to me!

I will be doing my first NPC figure competition this year. Was supposed to do one last year but I injured my back and decided at that time that my back and my recovery was more important. I'm now fully recovered and ready to put 100% into doing this show!

I have a lot on my plate and I'm sure I'll be stressing a lot but I have the drive and the will to see this through! I work 7 days a week, 3 jobs, I raise my 11 year old by myself, do housework, workout, prepare all my food, take time out for family, and whatever else has to be done! I'm still sane by the grace of God! I just do what I have to do and try not to think about it! If I think about all that has to be done I get overwhelmed and start looking for excuses! There is no excuses! Just do it! That's what I tell myself!

I have no idea what the future holds for me, all I know is that I want to do the very best I can at everything I put my hands on! I truly love the fitness industry and everything involved! It is my passion and I couldn't see myself doing anything different!



Hope you all have a great week! Don't forget to check out next weeks column!



Dreams really can come true, you just have to have the will and determination to see them through!

Xoxo

Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment